ZEON Corporation has announced that its selling prices for hydrocarbon resin, thermoplastic elastomer, epoxy hardening agent, water-type dispersant, isoprene monomer, and dicyclopentadiens will be raised as listed below.
May 22, 2006
1. Price increase by the product type
(1) Hydrocarbon resin 20 yen/kg
(product name: Quintone)
(2) Thermoplastic elastomeer SIS 30 yen/kg
(product name: Quintac)
(3) Epoxy resin hardening agent 30 yen/kg
(product name: Quinhard)
(4) Water-type dispersant 10 yen/kg
(product name: Quinflow)
(5) Isoprene monomer 30 yen/kg
(6) Dicyclopentadeine 20 yen/kg
2. Effective date
The price rise will come into effect for the June 1, 2006 product delivery.
3. Reason for the price increase
Profitability has continued to suffer from the skyrocketing prices of crude oil and naphtha, and prices for fuel oil, including heavy oil, are expected to significantly increase. Given that these abruptly rising prices are beyond our capacity to absorb, we have determined that upward revisions in our product prices are unavoidable.