ZEON Logistical Materials Co., Ltd. (2-4-1 Shiba Koen, Minato-ku, Tokyo; President: Hitoshi Ozawa), a wholly owned subsidiary of ZEON Corporation (President & CEO: Naozumi Furukawa) has developed and released to the market an adjustable rack for rolled products that can accommodate different lengths of film roll mounting bars. A patent is pending.
ZEON Logistical Materials Co., Ltd. Develops and Begins Sales of Adjustable Rack for Rolled Products
December 8, 2004
Today, films such as LCD optical film and film for food packaging come in different widths, requiring mounting bars of corresponding size, and the trend toward greater diversification is expected to continue. Conventional racks for storing and transporting film were fixed in width, requiring a different rack to match for each respective mounting bar. To address this problem, ZEON Logistical Materials developed and released to the market an adjustable rack for rolled products that can accommodate different size mounting bars (1,450mm and 1,650mm) on one rack. The newly released rack can also be customized at user request to accommodate different combinations of two to four sizes other than the preset ones mentioned above. The adjustable rack can be stacked and/or folded for easy storage, just like existing products.
(1) Rolled products are suspended on the rack to be stored and transported safely without risk of damage.
(2) Rack production costs are reduced, since one rack can accommodate different length mounting bars; operation rates of rack improve dramatically.
(3) Easy to use; increase efficiency in freight handling.
(4) Requires less storage space when used to hold rolled products or when not used, since the rack can be stacked and/or folded.
(5) Rack can be designed to meet specific length mounting bars upon request.
(1) Various films, aluminum and copper foils
(2) Textiles and others
On July 1, 2003, ZEON Kasei Co., Ltd. (President: Takao Fukushima), a wholly owned subsidiary of ZEON Corporation, spun off the operation of its logistical materials business—one of its core businesses—established as ZEON Logistical Materials Co., Ltd., an integrated manufacturing and sales company for logistical materials, to enhance its market presence and further develop the business. ZEON Logistical Materials Co., Ltd. was capitalized at \100 million: 70% from ZEON Kasei Co., Ltd. and 30% from ZEON Corporation.