On February 12, 2004, ZEON Information Systems Co., Ltd. (1-1-2 Higashiyama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo; President, Masanobu Inoue), a wholly owned subsidiary of ZEON Corporation (2-6-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO, Naozumi Furukawa), was acknowledged as meeting BS 7799-2:2002, the international Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Standard for maintaining confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, while simultaneously meeting the Japanese standard, ISMS Certification Criteria (Ver.2.0), under the ISMS Conformity Assessment Scheme.
These standards cover the confidentiality of information, protection of intellectual property from unauthorized alteration, and availability that allows access to required information when it is necessary.
Not satisfied with simply obtaining certification under ISMS standards, ZEON Information Systems Co. Ltd., which plans, designs, introduces, and maintains information systems for the ZEON Group, will contribute to further promotion of strategic utilization of information and enhancement of the competitiveness of the ZEON Group by continuously improving management to ensure comprehensive security of information assets.
1. Outline of Accreditation
- (1) Accredited certification body:
- The British Standards Institution (BSI) and the Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC)
- (2) Auditor and registration body:
- BSI Japan K.K.
- (3) Scope of registration:
- Information security management systems for planning, design, introduction, operation, and maintenance of information systems.
- (4) Registration date of first accreditation:
- February 12, 2004
- (5) Expiration date:
- February 12, 2007
2. Outline of Standard
- (1) BS 7799-2:2002:
- The international standard for information security management issued by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service: consists of BS 7799-1, which stipulates guidelines for meeting operational criteria, and BS 7799-2, which stipulates system specifications.
- (2) ISMS Certification Criteria (Ver.2.0):
- Accredited standard issued by JIPDEC in accordance with the ISMS Conformity Assessment Scheme and put into effect in April 2002.